Having a blast!!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Updates and a couple product finds....

I know....I know.....I haven't been around a lot.  I knew life would be crazier with two but didn't realize just how much.  But we are extremely blessed.  Matthew has been growing out of some of his allergies a bit.  I wouldn't say they are gone by any means--but they are less intense for sure.  In fact, the boys (Adam is now 13 mos and Matthew almost 4) just had real ice cream and LOVED it!!!  Adam didn't have any reaction but Matthew did get a rash.  But for the first time it didn't really spread and did go away without using benadryl.  We watched him very closely and I even brought the benadryl with to the ice cream shop.  (Yup....I'm that nervous)

Things are looking pretty good for Adam, our youngest in terms of allergies.  My gut is saying that he has a slight wheat allergy in looking at his skin, but nothing that is alarming to me or causing any kind of rashes or other issues.  

For Matthew, we've been testing lots of different milk-based foods.  In fact, we actually tested mac n cheese the other day--and yet, that gave him a horrible rash within seconds--and with just a teaspoonful.  So you can understand, it's still nerve-wracking.
  
A COUPLE PRODUCT FINDS:
I do love this product from Amy's kitchen--it's a dairy free mac n cheese (also gluten free).  We send it to Matthew's daycare on mac n cheese day so he can eat what the other kids are having.  http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/entrees/000043

I also found this at Super Target last week and am very excited as this is a great "emergency" meal for both us and the daycare to have on hand.  Again, dairy and gluten free.  http://www.amys.com/products/product-detail/kids-meals/000270


No comments:

Post a Comment